INDIA’S FIRST CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL IN SHILLONG FROM 8-11 NOVEMBER 2017
Why fly to abroad for Cherry Blossom Festival when you can witness the grandeur of Cherry Blossoms in Autumn this November in Meghalaya’s Khasi Hills. From 8-11 November, 2017 the Cherry Blossom Festival in Shillong will celebrate the flowering in this International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development, with community events such as –
- Guided night walks.
- Live music gigs.
- A beauty pageant &
- Stalls showcasing the cuisine, wine, arts and craft of the region.
You can join night walks under illuminated cherry blossoms, led by volunteers at Ward’s Lake between 5-8 p.m.. Alongside there will be –
- Rock concert
- Traditional folk music
- Unplugged western music &
- Dance performances, from all over North East India.
Also there will be –
- Choir performances
- Bicycle rallies
- Storytelling sessions of local and world folktales &
- Japan Higher Education Fair.
Visitors can even bring their golf set along to participate in the Golf Cup.
All events are free and open to all.